What we do
Bringing Our Clients The Best Of Both Worlds
Post Judgment enforcement is the process after you obtain a judgment in a court of law. You may obtain a judgment in Small Claims Court, any Superior Court in California, or Court of another state.
Unlike most law firms which stop after obtaining a judgment, Collection At Law, Inc. engages in all post judgment proceedings. The following is a list of post judgment procedures currently available:
- Bank Levy â Sending the sheriff to the debtorâ bank and attaching or seizing the funds in their account.
- Recording an Abstract of Judgment â If the debtor is an individual, then a lien can be obtained and recorded in the county where the debtor owns real property. When and if the debtor refinances or sells this property, you judgment will be paid.
- Judgment Debtor Examination â A subpoena is issued with the court and
served on the debtor compelling him to come to court and turn over his
asset information. Failure to do so may subject him to an arrest.
- Wage Garnishment â For debtors who are the employees of other companies, a wage garnishment can be served on the employer requiring them to turn over a certain percentage of the debtorâ€™s wages.
- Recording the Judgment with the Secretary of State: If the judgment
debtor is a California Corporation, Limited Liability Company or Partnership,
your judgment can be filed with the Secretary of State and therefore registered
with state of California. As in recording an abstract, if the business entity is sold, your lien will be noticed and maybe paid from the sale proceeds.
In addition to these procedures, Collection At Law, Inc., has a full arsenal of
Skip Tracers, Private Investigators and the most sophisticated software available to help you find the debtor and their assets.
So call, fax or e-mail us today, after all itâ€™s your money, let us collect it.